I have a varied background within the Earth Sciences and Building industries.
After completing my Masters Degree in Geology in 1995, I worked as a gold exploration geologist in the outback of Western Australia. In the exploration process I have logged thousands of metres of RAB, RC and Diamond Core samples. With the downturn in the gold price, and with a young family I returned to Auckland in the late 90’s and started my own building company. I spent approximately 15 years in the building industry, with work including new house construction, house renovation, fencing, landscaping, pools, decks and retaining walls.
In 2014 I returned to Geology, working for a Consulting Engineering firm. My role included :
– Site Inspection of Structural and Geotechnical Engineering elements, including building platform, foundations, retaining walls, pile driving, driveways, steel work, beams, lintels and fixings.
– Geotechnical Fieldwork, including hand augered borehole logging, scala penetrometer testing, site walkovers, investigation design, liasion with contractors.
– Geotechnical Report Writing
– Stormwater Design, including detention and/or retention tanks, rainwater tanks, soakholes, groundwater recharge pits, rain gardens, permeable paving, kerb discharge, pumping.
– Wastewater Design, including Primary, Secondary and Tertiary, using TP58 or AS/NZS1547:2012,
-Stormwater and Wastewater Manager
-Warkworth Office Manager
I have worked successfully with builders and councils (Auckland, Far North, Whangarei, Kaipara, Waikato, Central Otago, Queenstown Lakes) to ensure favourable outcomes for both contractors and clients. With my wide ranging knowledge within both the Geotechnical and Building industries, I can provide a valuable service to the sole engineer and the small practitioners, supplementing their workforce on a contract basis.
BSc MSc (Geology) MEngNZ